Put Your North Liberty Knowledge to the Test
How well do you know North Liberty? Sign up for our free virtual trivia night on Wednesday, May 12, to find out. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: You!
- What: A virtual trivia night.
- Where: Zoom
- When: Wednesday, May 12, at 7 p.m.
- Why: To test how well you know city history, facts, and happenings, and to raise money for the North Liberty Community Fund.
How to play
- Sign up anytime prior to the event start time.
- Participation is free, but a donation of any amount is appreciated to benefit the North Liberty Community Fund (more information below)
- We’re just here to have fun, so teams may consist of one player or up to 10!
What to expect
- Three rounds consisting of 10 questions each, totaling a possible 30 points.
- Round One: Random Facts
- Round Two: Picture This
- Round Three: City History
- All players are welcome to join the Zoom call, but only one answer form per round (provided to you during the event) should be submitted per team. Please plan ahead to have a way to discuss answers with your teammates (Facetime, phone call) if you are not in the same physical space as we will not use Zoom breakout rooms.
- Teams who score at least 20/30 points will be entered into a drawing for one $100 gift card to Reds Alehouse. All participating teams will receive at $5 gift card to Heyn’s ice cream.
- The event will wrap up by 8 p.m.
About the North Liberty Community Fund
- The North Liberty Community Endowment Fund was established in 2007 under the umbrella of the Community Foundation of Johnson County to support the unmet needs of local nonprofit organizations and to maintain a safe, healthy, vital quality of life for the North Liberty community.
- The endowment distributes grants each year up to 5 percent of the fund balance. Beneficiaries in recent years include: Crisis Center of Johnson County, North Liberty Community Pantry, Junior Achievement and ICCSD Foundation: Support Our Schools COVID-19 Recovery.
- Watch this video to hear from NLCF board president Tim Hawkins and CFJC executive director Shelly Maharry.
- Donations can be made online here (please add North Liberty Trivia in the notes section).
Stay in the loop
- Share this post and join the Facebook event for updates.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to Thank
This free event is made possible by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty.
This virtual trivia night is just one of over 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726.