Learn More about Local Agencies Serving North Liberty Residents
Starting today and continuing over the coming months, we’ll be spotlighting a range of agencies providing services to residents of North Liberty. These spotlights, covering 14 local agencies, will include information on social media, displays at the library including relevant materials available for checkout, as well as interviews with staff from the agencies discussing the following topics:
- How North Liberty residents can access agency services.
- How each agency is funded and ways community members or other organizations can get involved.
- How each agency’s services have been impacted by the pandemic and how they have grown to meet the challenges.
- Other non-profits/agencies each agency collaborates with and what those relationships look like.
- What projects/plans each agency has underway and what the goals are moving forward.
The agencies spotlighted, which serve our community and most of whom have received grants from the city, include:
- Table to Table
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Johnson County
- Houses Into Homes
- Iowa City Community School District Foundation
- Heritage Area Agency on Aging
- CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
- UAY / United Action for Youth
- Horizons: A Family Service Alliance
- North Liberty Community Pantry
- NAMI Johnson County
- Corridor Community Action Network
- Iowa City / Johnson County Senior Center
- DVIP / Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Iowa City Free Medical and Dental Clinic
- Iowa Legal Aid
Keep an eye out in the coming weeks and months to learn more as we roll out the interviews and information and spotlight each agency.