Make it Mondays: Carve a Jack-O-Lantern
The North Liberty Recreation Department’s Make It Monday craft for the week of Oct. 24, 2022, is a jack-o-lantern. Included in this week’s kit are is a pumpkin for you to carve!
Each week, Make It Monday offers a free to-go activity for kids. To participate in the program, simply stop by the North Liberty Community Center, 520 W. Cherry Street, and pick up an activity kit while supplies last. Kits are free.
How to Make It
- Newspaper or other surface you can get messy
- Carving tools
- Jack-o-lantern design
- Pick up a pumpkin on the north side of the Community Center.
- Cut open the top of you pumpkin with the help of an adult and scoop our the seeds and other innards (roast the seeds, if you’d like).
- Mark the design on your pumpkin using marker, a sharp object or a paper stencil
- Cut out design
- Bring your jack-o-lantern to the traditional display at the Ranshaw House, 515 Community Drive, between Oct. 27 and 30. They’ll be lit at 6 p.m. on Oct. 30 through Halloween!