Stroll with Friendly Ghosts on Oct. 20
Due to Weather, we’ve postponed this fun to Friday, Oct. 20, when Halloween spirits will gather around Liberty Centre for kids to hunt up some fun. This year’s Halloween Moonlight Walk will include two sessions. Costumes, as always, are encouraged.
The five Ws
- Who: You! A free, all-ages event.
- What: Trick-or-treat your way around Liberty Centre Pond with friendly ghosts for a self-guided family outing.
- Where: Liberty Centre Pond
- When: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Oct. 20.
- Why: To get in the Halloween spirit with fresh air and ghosts.
What to expect
Meet a slew of friendly Halloween spirits and decorations around the pond while trick-or-treating with local businesses and organizations. With two time sessions, families can choose between a daylight or evening visit.
What to bring
- Your costume! Although not required, attendees are encouraged to dress in costume.
- A camera or phone to capture various photo opportunities around the pond.
- A bag to collect treats.
How to get there
- Liberty Center Pond is located at 820 W Cherry St.
- Park at the North Liberty Community Center, 520 W Cherry St., and use the Ranshaw Way/Cherry Street underpass
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade!
You also might be wondering
- Restrooms are available at the Community Center, 520 W Cherry St., but there won’t be additional restrooms on site.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
- Since this event is outside, there are no additional COVID mitigations.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Centro, Inc, The Family Dental Center, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Urban Acres Real Estate and Veridian Credit Union. The City Slate is a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2023. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.
Stay in the loop
Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
Share your photos with us on Facebook or Instagram.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.